Monday, January 31, 2011

Throw Blanket

I have quite a few DIY projects that I've seen online that I really want to try sometime.  I'm just a little apprehensive about my skill level and patience to see it through.  This DIY throw blanket would be a really fun project - now all I need is a sewing machine and the perfect fabric.  Then just add good book (or my new Kindle!) and nook of the sectional couch and you're set.
FULL TUTORIAL HERE.

 final product!  now work backwards...




Materials
  • Wool or wool-blend fabric; size depends on how large you’d like your throw to be. My fabric is 60″ wide and I purchased 1.5 yards, for a total throw size of 60″ x 52″, which is a nice size for general, lazy-everyday use.
  • Trim, enough to cover the two raw edges of your fabric plus a few extra inches
  • Sharp scissors
  • Straight pins
  • Sewing machine and matching thread 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! :)